CRM Data Rules: Thrive for Golden Sense
CRM systems make organizations more competitive by improving cumbersome processes, managing the transactions and establishing customer relationships. However, the backbone of any CRM is the amount and quality of records you have at your disposal. The idea ‘the more data you have, the more profitable you will become’ proved the reversed effect and brought deal dropping and numerous income and customer losses.
CRM System from Different Angles
Being a multipoint solution, CRM has a blend of technology and strategy that made the business running fundamentally different. Obviously, automation facilitates the performance and data management, yet it all depends on the personalities and decisions of the stakeholders. These people choose what data to enter and how to use it in practice. So, business running within CRM requires a set of policies for CRM data types, semantics rules, and immediate notification of changes in the decision-making processes.
Meet the Key Crunches of Records Entry
The quality of records has a critical role and influences on the business processes performance and effectiveness. CRM solutions are used by organizations of different industry and size which also may vary in the strategies and approaches to transaction management. Thus, all these businesses share the same challenge of keeping their CRM data accurate, clean and duplicate free. So, the following components complicates the life of a huge number of vendors:
- leads, contacts and accounts copies make the database messy and unstructured
- misunderstanding of leads and contacts and, therefore, incorrect records drive to unresponsive marketing campaigns and sales processes
- lack of record ownership causes incorrect and incomplete data
- ineffective customer segmentation and qualification route to the low-quality mailing list and multiple follow-ups or emails to clients who are in the middle of their sales journey
It all boils down to the fact that your employees require user training for different roles in CRM and strict policy for data entry and management.
CRM Data and Semantics Issues
The main confusion that causes lots of copies and inappropriate interaction with customers that leads to irritated clients and deals dropping. As a rule, employees don’t see the difference between lead, contact, and name. The situation is complicated with diverse definitions of these modules in CRM solutions. This issue could be resolved by adoption a single company-wide set of terms for clear understanding how to enter and manage records. Moreover, you will avoid the enormous database and perplexion of everyday tasks.
So, let’s explore the main records entities for preempting the further misconceptions.
- Leads are the people or companies who interested in your services, products or offerings. These records have a low value and require a distinct qualification from marketing and sales departments for further nurturing.
- Contacts are targeted customers that were qualified by marketing and sales managers and converted. So, these clients are already in the sales cycle or have a specific date for deal initiation. Besides, the contacts should be attached to a specific sales rep and visible within the company.
- Names are the names, emails or phone numbers of people who are supposed to be your targeted audience. The prospects have the lowest value and could be assigned to the marketers. As long as these records come from third-party providers, they don’t need any human attention. You can send them automated drip campaigns for turning them into leads.
Everyday company performance brings updates and, therefore, new records from marketing, sales, and support service departments. All these CRM data should be visible for all employees for preventing the copies or new incomplete information.
The customization option allows adding new fields into the CRM modules. Along with creating these fields you should draw up a set of conditions and semantic rules for data entry and updating. This will help to preempt information misspelling, words shortening, etc.
P.S. Wondering about the secure and credible way of CRM data migration? You are welcomed to use the automated service Trujay and switch your records without coding, importing or side interference. Feel suspicious? Then start a free Demo Migration right now and test the service in progress.