Organize Your Database: CRM Best Practices
The adoption of CRM software is, usually, viewed as the business upgrade that guarantees a quick-fix-effect on marketing, sales and service performances. The data supposed to be more accurate and constantly updated, as well as free of copies and duplicates.
Yet, after first failures, many vendors are discouraged, and they can’t get the hang of the problem. Instead of blaming the CRM application, they should come to grips with the fact - the issue settles in their databases.
Business owners pay little or even no attention to contacts rearrangement and standardization of other records and run the new strategy with the outdated information. CRM best practices emphasize the importance of the data quality and well-thought organization for the actual practical usage.
Relevance of Clean Records
CRM enables you with the ability to import a considerable amount of the data, but the value of these records is doubtful. According to the surveys of Aberdeen Group, half of the organizations suffer from the low-quality and defective data, and, therefore, lose almost 30% of the awaited revenue. Many businesses reap the benefits of the CRM best practices and care about data organization that leads to the achievement of higher results in sales, building stronger relationships with customers and advancing company efficiency.
Techniques for Managing the Excessive Data
The life is flowing, and personal data of your clients constantly change, and some records became obsolete and inaccurate. That’s why you should clean your database before a migration to new software, as well as on the quarterly basis. Here is a check-list to handle this process correctly.
- First of all map out the connections between various fields. Then make sure you have deleted the duplicates and inactive contacts. You may also fill in the empty chains where it is possible.
- Create specific standards for the addresses and phone numbers. You can develop a database policy and set up the access rules for those users who modify and create new contacts or other records.
- Select a worker or department and give them responsibility for data management and controlling the quality of entered records.
- To make sure that your database consists of valid information, you may use a third-party add-on for verifying and be confirming records.
CRM Best Practices for Contacts Arrangement
The abilities of CRM software may be increased after you develop a unique standard of your database. In other words, you need to tailor the fields and modules your specific company needs and take the max vantage of your records. There are 4 methods that allow you to sort out and your contact lists for improving the performance of CRM platform.
Contact Classes. This is the most simple division of contacts into the lists with the next types
Categories and Subtypes permit you to compile groups that connect various contacts due to
- company size
- demographic criteria
These lists may include some extra categories that differ from your standard requirements.
- Custom Fields can be viewed as a default feature. However, you can add an extra field that enables your employees to import relevant information for improving relationships with customers.
- Tags is a relatively new approach that facilitates the process of detailed record categorization within the database. Your workers may complete customers profiles with extra information that could be used in the marketing campaign planning. The quick adding and removing are the privilege of the tags.
As it follows, the quality of the data influences the whole process of business running. According to CRM best practices, the clean and structured database promotes the further advancement of ROI levels. So, you should spare some amount of time for records arrangement within your CRM software.
P.S. Want to extend the limits of your business with a new CRM platform? Trujay may be a reliable ally in this process. The automated migration service allows you to transfer your data between different CRM applications in a fast, direct and accurate mode. Besides, you may run a free Demo Migration and see how to conquer CRM switch hurdles with ease.