Pipedrive to HubSpot Migration: Master Your CRM Data
The fight for the throne is always the biggest problem in any kingdom. The epic saga “Game of Thrones” proves that characters’ fates are influenced by what information to obtain, who to trust and marry, and how many alliances they can forge. So, close to the fights in Westeros, the fast-pacing CRM world is getting more competitive with some advanced solutions. As a result, many companies that are used older software keep the eyes open for better options due to the different reasons. In that case, many of them tend to change the current platform (e. g., migrate from Pipedrive to HubSpot).
In 2015, Capterra surveyed 500 organizations of various sizes to explore their CRM usage. Thus, CRM Industry User Research Report by Capterra demonstrated that the significant argumentations of the CRM switch are:
- the previous system lacked appropriate features
- the solution was no longer evolving
- the platform started to become too expensive
- the software didn’t support the company's size
- CRM was too difficult to use
All in all, if you feel that your business faces some of the issues above, then it’s time to look for new reign for your company data. Accordingly, Pipedrive and Hubspot CRM are the big solutions that are on the bench to win the CRM throne. In this article, we will help you examine the pros and cons of both solutions as well as the main stages of the migration from one to another.
Pipedrive vs. HubSpot CRM: Clash of the Platforms
Pipedrive, established in 2010, is a CRM designed for small and mid-sized businesses, especially their sales teams. The most noticeable feature of the system is the simple drag-and-drop editing of each deal along with all the stages of the sales cycle. In this case, you can easily see all the instant updates through all the pipeline as well as clear at-a-glance organization. Also, every detail of the interaction with the prospects can be registered as well as notifications may be set up with follow-ups and to-do lists.
As well, Pipedrive offers a user-friendly interface, the solution also has some cons. The downside of easiness is the fact that you can't always use it for complex sales force automation scenarios. Also, some customers complain about flexibility options. This mostly regards the reporting tools as a significant amount of screen space is occupied by the sales figures.
HubSpot CRM, launched in 2015, is the solution that works great with small and middle-sized organizations. Even though the platform is a brand new, the software comprises some compelling features:
- Each contact profile offers a timeline of up to 16 different forms of interactions. The option allows you to manage the emails, notes, tasks, calls as well as website visits into one intuitive view. You can filter the timeline for particular actions, or scroll down to investigate every point of contact that person had with your company.
- The platform lets you easily integrate with Gmail and Google applications. Also, the connection with Google Calendar enables you to schedule the meetings and fix up new ones swiftly.
- Sidekick extension is a bonus tool that lets you receive real-time notifications as soon as the prospects are engaging with your business. For example, when the recipient is opening your email, you can place contact with one-click ease into your CRM.
- The software gives you an opportunity to call from the browser or stay connected with your phone. Also, additional notes and recordings can be stored in the system.
All in all, HubSpot CRM, being straightforward and easy to use the software, the platform doesn’t offer custom reporting feature. However, if you use Sidekick, you can see valuable reports on the email templates you utilize for prospecting.
The Value of Expenses
Pipedrive provides you with 3 paid plans and offers you the next functionality:
- Silver - $12.5/month/billed annually - includes most sales management features, such as 2GB storage per each user, live chat and email support, and full API access.
- Gold - $24.2/month/billed annually - contains full sales management features adding to mentioned options new ones, for example, full email sync, ability to add products sold by your company (costs, codes, costs to produce, etc.), 5GB storage, customizable email templates.
- Platinum - $49.17/month/billed annually - provides full sales management opportunities plus 100GB storage, phone, live chat, and email support, higher API rate (400 requests for 10 seconds), advanced speed and reliability (separate server only for your data).
As seen, you can save money, approximately 17%, if choose an annual subscription against month-to-month payments. This easy-to-understand pricing approach is good for smaller teams, but it can get too unsuitable for larger companies.
Therefore, HubSpot CRM has an advantage over Pipedrive, as the platform is free of charge forever.
Furthermore, as the new platform appeared in the CRM world, many companies opt for the migration from Pipedrive to HubSpot.
Why Choose Trujay for Your Pipedrive to HubSpot CRM Migration
Trujay is a SaaS that provides users with the opportunity to migrate CRM data automatically across over 16 CRM platforms and use custom mode for data migration between 120+ platforms accurately and securely. It is a perfect solution for those with no technical knowledge and skills.
As well, you can count on the following benefits:
- Automated CRM Data Migration for over 15 modules
Automation ensures your CRM transfer to be fast and simple.
- Free Demo Migration
Import a limited amount of data to your new CRM and check out how it works.
- Modules and users matching
You can map the fields and users of the current and future CRMs on your own according to your business requirements.
- Saved relations between the modules
Choose the modules you want to migrate to the future CRM and move the records together with relations between the items.
- Data Security and Privacy
We have developed a comprehensive set of practices, technology, and policies to help ensure your data is secure. Trujay guarantees to treat all information privately, exclude a possibility of any data loss, and offer to sign NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement.)
- The Possibility to Restart Migration Over (Migration insurance)
It allows you to change the preferences and restart data import several times during the specific period in case you want to make some changes.
- During & Post Migration Technical Support
Experienced tech gurus are always here to help you.
Activities before Pipedrive to HubSpot Migration
CRM data migration is a relatively joint project today, but not the simple process. The right planning and appropriate preparation steps are the keys to data transferring success. So, here is some advice for the smooth and swift migration:
- Arrange your data. Try to exclude all the redundant information and dupes before the switching process, so you don’t have to deal with additional records after the transferring.
- Get secured. It is highly recommended to create a Pipedrive to CSV or Excel backup and retain it even after the switch is over. At this point, you can ward the company from any data loss.
- Notify the employees. Inform your staff about the change of the platform and assure essential information as well as hold the meetings.
Guided Migration Service
If you’re unsatisfied with the results of your sample migration from Pipedrive to HubSpot or were confused by object mapping, we have something called the Guided Self-Service Migration.
Our Guided Service provides you with an account manager to review the migration and focus on your needs. We can come on and guide you while you’re mapping your fields or do the whole thing for you from start to finish.
If you feel like you can map objects on your own but need assistance after that, we can jump in at any point and guide you through the rest. If you choose to have us complete the entire self-service for you, you’ll see the whole process done via screen share.
Trujay’s Custom Migration Service is a more personal and less DIY-type of approach. Our account managers will guide you through the entire process.
Custom Migrations provide you with a personal account manager, migration setup, customization of migration, migration assistance, and the following features:
- Higher cost
- Almost no limitations
- Very low involvement
- Personal approach
- Little to no time consumed
- Pre/Post-migration validity
- Automated migration process
Custom migration offers these following packages.
Move from Pipedrive to HubSpot CRM in 2 Steps
After the preparation steps are behind, you can proceed with the actual migration by using an automated migration system Trujay:
Step 1. Go to Wizard and start one-page sample migration right away. No registration required. Specify your existing CRM, Pipedrive, by providing the URL and API. Notice that you must enter API for each user that has to be migrated. In case you have some issues with getting API, pay attention to the hint that appeared.
Now, define your destination CRM - Hubspot. You’ll be redirected to your Hubspot where you should log into your account to allow us the data access. Then, you’ll be redirected back to the migration wizard automatically. When all is done, launch free Sample migration. And don't forget to provide an email before starting free Sample migration so we will send the results there.
Notice. For the very first time, your data fields will be mapped automatically according to the most common logic.
Step 2. Check out your Sample migration results. If you are satisfied, choose a suitable insurance plan and launch full Pipedrive to HubSpot CRM migration.
In case you are not happy with Sample results, press the Change options, and set up the custom mapping. Select users and items you’d like to migrate to your new CRM platform. Check the corresponding boxes to migrate your accounts, contacts, tasks, opportunities, leads, and notes together with the related activities such as calls and events.
Keep in mind that you can change mapping and re-run Sample migration for free as many times as needed.
The service will transfer all your data without any hassles and business interruptions so you will be able to get to work right away as well as implement your post-migration actions.
Actions after Pipedrive to HubSpot migration
Even the data transfer is complete; it is suggested to take a few more steps for better system implementation and configuration. So, you should explore if all the records were transferred to the right places and check out if the relations are retained in the same way. Then you can enter company details, integrate mailboxes, distribute the access permissions, and make other adjustments if required.
Also, you should build the personalized workflow rules and set up the appropriate filters for reporting tools. In the end, don’t forget about your employees after the migration process. You should provide valuable information about the new platform. However, don’t give too many training at a time, because your workers can get overwhelmed. At this point, you may provide your staff with online tutorials so that they can reach them out in the time of need.
Migration from Pipedrive to HubSpot CRM is an option to reveal the new areas for your business development. Hence, as the procedure requires careful preparation and team coaching, you should take all the suggestions above to succeed.