SugarCRM to HubSpot Migration: Drive Innovation into Your Business
All about SugarCRM to HubSpot CRM Data Import
An increasingly competitive environment spurs the CRM industry to rapid growth, so the functional and technological opportunities of the solutions are constantly improving. At some point, your current platform can’t keep up with the times and support all of the exclusive features. As a result, you start to look for a more advanced system and think about moving to a modern one due to various reasons.
Capterra surveyed 500 companies of different sizes to analyze CRM usage. The CRM Industry User Research Report by Capterra showed that vendors consider the following reasons to make a CRM switch:
- The previous CRM didn’t have enough features
- The solution was no longer evolving
- The platform became too expensive
- The software no longer supported the organization’s size
- The CRM was too hard to use
Let’s say you feel that your technology doesn’t satisfy your company's needs and you start to encounter some of the pains above. You have to consider the migration to a more developed CRM. Transferring data from SugarCRM to HubSpot may be a critical decision for your business to become successful. In this article, we will focus on the pros and cons of the platforms and identify the steps to move the process.
SugarCRM vs. HubSpot CRM: which is superior?
SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM were launched in 2004 and 2015, respectively. SugarCRM is a user-friendly solution that can be customized to fit companies of all sizes. In its turn, HubSpot was created as a tool for small and mid-sized businesses. Notwithstanding, the systems have a considerable age gap, both offering efficient features and configuration options.
- The updated interface has combined three navigation bars into one. The drop-down menus on the main screen get you to specific information quickly.
- SugarCRM has an email integration feature that lets you send letters to customers inside the application without the need to open an extra program or jump between the two.
- The campaign and report wizards walk you through different ways to set up marketing strategies. The drag and drop option also helps you create reports quickly and easily.
- The solution enables you to run projects effectively by keeping track of the sales and marketing process through a single portal; you can easily monitor tasks and indicate opportunities.
- The system’s timeline lets you manage your emails, notes, calls, or website visits into one, intuitive view.
- Pipeline tracking and deal dashboard tools help control how deals are progressing.
- The solution can easily connect to Gmail and Google Apps. You can send emails right from any contact in your software. Moreover, the connection with Google Calendar helps you schedule meetings and set up new ones with just one click.
- Sidekick extension allows you to receive real-time notifications as soon as the leads are engaging with your company. For instance, when potential clients visit your website or open emails.
Price as an inevitable aspect
HubSpot has a high advantage over SugarCRM. It’s free with unlimited usage and data storage.
SugarCRM, on the other hand, offers 3 paid subscriptions and starts at $40 per user per month plus $15 if you want to gather and analyze customer intelligence from a broad range of social data sources. The platform also requires an annual contract and a minimum five-user agreement. As long as you have to pay for each user, this can be a deterrent for smaller companies.
Sugar’s pricing range is also based on support. For example, with the Enterprise or Ultimate edition, you get one-hour tech and phone support, which is not available to lower-end users.
By and large, both solutions can empower your business with a set of compelling features and boost your customer service performance. However, it is noticeable that HubSpot CRM wins the cost battle. Many consumers show their dissatisfaction with SugarCRM regarding the user adoption rates, resource-consuming upgrades, or long-term contracts with obligatory fees. In this case, if you want to move from SugarCRM to HubSpot, you should complete prearrangement activities for the smooth migration process.
How to get ready for CRM migration
It is well known that thorough planning and preparation are paramount to the success of data migration, so use the following tips:
- Test your future platform. As HubSpot is free, you can try out the platform and see the software in action. At this point, you will be acquainted with all the implementation and automation capabilities.
- Analyze your data. It is highly recommended to explore how your info is structured and what parts need some extra attention. After that, decide what items should be moved to a new system or left behind. For example, if your database contains historical information like outdated appointments, completed phone calls and meetings, you might not want it for further business processes.
- Secure the data. To exclude any data loss, it is better to prepare a backup and keep it even after the transferring is over.
- Announce to your employees. Make sure your staff is ready to meet a change by providing the required information or tutorials about using the new solution.
How to Migrate from SugarCRM to HubSpot CRM with TRUJAY
Now, when you all fired up for the switching process, it is important to find a tool for a smooth and secure data transition. In this case, you can take advantage of the automated migration service with Trujay. The software can help you move all your records in 3 simple steps that are completely hands-off:
Notice that we don’t ask you to authorize if the chosen platform cannot be migrated automatically. Instead, we’ll show you our packages and pricing page.
How to touch base with a new CRM as brisk as a bee
Even though all the hard tasks are behind, it is important to carry out a few more actions to ensure that the new solution will be working properly. First of all, you should carve out at least one hour to figure out if all transferred data is accurate in the appropriate format. Then, you may change the filters for reporting tools, set up workflow rules, and start other minor configurations and adjustments.
As staff adoption is the most complicated part of the implementation process, it can take several months for your employees to start using the platform to its fullest potential. Consider the following suggestions to simplify the learning curve:
- Provide examples of the issues with the previous system. For instance, show how the old software provoked the gaps of information and drops in sales.
- Try not to give too much training right away. It is better to offer small portions of information so your employees don’t get overwhelmed
- Equip users with online tutorials. For example, you can create a Youtube channel to engage your employees.
- Make it fun! Create incentives and give different awards for the employees who accomplish certain achievements.
In case you are looking for a simple, easy-to-use and modern CRM, then the migration from SugarCRM to HubSpot CRM is your way to go. Take all the tips above into consideration and perform your Sample data transfer. Otherwise, estimate your migration price for free.
If you want to learn more information about the process of data switch, contact TRUJAY experts for useful insights.