CSV Import to Salesforce: Indispensable Part of Your Business Strategy
Regarding the business niche in which you are operating, building and maintaining the efficient customer relationships is one of the main factors for your company growth. According to research, 66% of clients leave because they feel ignored when interacting with the organization. Why?
Even though spreadsheets become outdated and can fall into the wrong hands, some companies still use them to store the customers’ information. However, this business strategy misses something important - collaboration. And since the client database increases in value when everyone works together on populating it with data, a need for a digitized platform like CRM simply imposes itself. Lately, many organizations tend to perform CSV import to Salesforce to better exceed customers’ expectations, as well as run the workflow in the more efficient way. Let’s explore the core benefits of moving your data to the robust solution and find out the main migration steps.
CRM Import: Reasons to Reconsider Salesforce Data Loader by Trujay
The well-known saying applies to the career success: “What got you here won’t get you there.” The same adage can be used for the expanded company processes. In the early stage, you can get along with the platform like CSV (Comma Separated Values) to log and track the customer’s information and incoming orders. Also known as flat files, the spreadsheet is safe and can clearly differentiate between the numeric values and text. Yet, as your company grows, you start to notice the signals that you are ready to trade the spreadsheet for the more compelling tools:
- no visibility into your sales team's activities;
- losing track of the customers’ history;
- lack of internal and external communication between the employees;
- time-consuming and ineffective reporting activities;
- a need of the automated processes and customization choices, etc.
So, the above-mentioned argumentations confirm that if you want to stay competitive and run your company processes smoothly, the demand for efficient CRM like Salesforce is inevitable. Being the leading platform on the market, the solution enables you with the following functionality:
- manage your business on a secure and scalable software that is simple to customize;
- use third-party apps from AppExchange to extend the organization’s opportunities;
- run the company’s processes on the go by using Salesforce1 Mobile App;
- enhance the productivity from Einstein Analytics (AI platform) with predictive scoring, actionable insights, intelligent automation, and more accurate forecasting;
- accelerate pipeline and boost revenue with sales and marketing automation capabilities.
In many terms, Salesforce lives up to its reputation with the compelling features and robust tools. Thus, when the business owners think about running CSV import to Salesforce, they get lost between a number of hesitations due to the various reasons. For instance, you can be afraid of the unexpected pitfalls like data loss during the transfer. In this case, it is suggested to plan every step of the procedure to ensure the successful results.
How to Nail Salesforce Import from CSV Effortlessly?
CRM data migration comprises several stages to move the records from CSV files to the desired solution. The most important ones are preparing the CRM database, choosing the transfer method and applying the business objectives to the new platform.
First of all, you should analyze and go through the data to make sure all items are consistent and without the duplicates. By deleting the outdated and unnecessary information, you can save the migration time and budget.
The next step is to select the mode of CSV import to Salesforce. Generally speaking, there are 2 ways of performing the transfer:
- Manual. Copy your records from the file and paste them into Salesforce. However, the migration process can take a lot of time and efforts if your database obtains a large load of items.
- Automated. Take advantage of the automated software to run the CRM data import fast and securely. In this case, you can use the built-in Salesforce data loader or benefit from an automated migration service Trujay that stands out for the following functionality:
- assist yourself with the clear and intuitive interface;
- preserve the relations between the records during the procedure;
- have total control over migrated items by using the detailed fields and users mapping;
- launch a free Demo Migration to see the service in action;
- change migration preferences and restart the transfer over during a specific period;
- ask the tech gurus to help you with any questions.
If you want to learn more information about the difference between built-in Salesforce and Trujay data loaders, check out the comparison page.
How to Provide CSV Import to Salesforce in Few Steps
After succeeding with the preparation activities, you can start CSV import to Salesforce by Trujay Salesforce Data Loader and perform the next steps:
1. Go to Trujay Salesforce Data Loader page. Here you can Estimate your migration price and launch Data Import.
After pressing “Start your import” button you will be redirected to Trujay Migration Wizard.
Here you have to create Trujay account. Verify your name, email, password, and fill in the phone number.
Also, you can log in as Salesforce user or with your social networks’ information.
2. Select and download the CSV files from Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, or Computer Hard drive. Then, click “Test Connection”.
Then login you Salesforce to let Trujay connect to your account.
3. Pick up the fields you wish to migrate. After that, you get an opportunity to explore how the service works by launching the free Demo Migration.
Please notice that Right Now there is a possibility to Get Discount and save up to 20% your Salesforce migration budget.
At last, even though CRM data transfer is complete, consider a few post-migration actions to make sure the smooth implementation of the platform. Check whether all imported records were moved to the proper places, as well as set the workflow rules. Besides, equip your employees with all required documentation and tutorials about the new solution. Sort out the product and technical support and ensure everyone understands the information.
Getting to the Main Point
If you want to keep pace with constantly changed business requirements, obtain the qualified service and offer the customer personalized approach, CRM system is an inevitable part of your company flourishing. Take the above-mentioned information into consideration, migrate your records to the desired platform without the ongoing headaches and unveil the new business opportunities.
Migrate a part of existing business information for free by launching Salesforce Data Loader to see how Trujay provides your CSV import to Salesforce.