In order to backup Sage CRM database follow this step-by-step instruction.
- Start SQL server and connect using username and password.
- Click on Sage CRM database, select Tasks -> Backup.
- Next you’ll get a screen to select a physical path of drive. In Destination select backup to Disk -> click Add -> OK.
- Select Browse to choose drive path and click on OK.
- The screen Select Backup Destination will appear. Click on OK.
- Click again on OK on the main window to start the database backup.
When you have done all the mentioned above, you will get confirmation message that database backup is completed successfully.
It is advised to do such backups regularly. If you load new customizations on CRM system or perform upgrades, you can be sure that it is possible for you to revert back again in case any unexpected errors occurs.