After connecting your source and target CRMs to our self-service migration tool, the next step is to conduct your fields mapping by clicking on the button shown below.
Clicking the button will direct you to general fields mapping overview, where you can select/unselect objects to migrate and match your users.
To check the mapping between object fields, click on the “Change fields mapping” button next to the desired field. You will be redirected to a page with a fields list for your source and target CRMs.
There are two modes for field mapping:
1) Simple Mapping Mode: this mode lets you choose which fields you want to migrate or skip, however, you will not be able to see the fields’ types.
2) Advanced Mapping Mode: this mode allows you to:
- Find out the types of the fields in your source and target CRMs that correspond,
- Check if the field is native or custom,
- Check the field usage in your source CRM,
- Match dropdown fields values,
- Perform advanced mapping for complex fields (fields with multiple lines),
- Apply filters to see only mapped or only unmapped fields lists.
If you click here, you can see usage fields on the source CRM and also - types of fields.
Both mapping versions allow you to perform the following actions;
- Perform searches to quickly find a particular field and its corresponding object in your source or target CRM
- See all mapping versions - each time you edit the mapping in the browser session, our tool records the version once it is saved - and applies the version you see fit,
- Reset mapping of the current module - you can press “Reset” to drop the latest version changes for the selected object.